Friday, August 14, 2009

Interesting...


I have just learnt that another family that we are friends with have decided to homeschool, pulling their son out of Hug's school. So interesting... the other one was one of my close friends who just pulled her daughter (also Hug's age) out of a public school a few weeks ago.

The funny thing is that these families, well at least the first, were totally against the idea of homeschooling last year when I was thinking that it was our plan & thought we were c.r.a.z.y!

Hug is happy at school & I am blessed. This year at school, kindergarten, is just a wonderful year of art, craft, gardening, storytelling, baking, playing, building, singing, friends & nature for him. I can only hope that he (& we) will always be this happy :) but I won't hesitate to consider homeschooling if there are any bumps in the road in the future.


Fb Comments
5 Comments
Disqus
Comments :

5 comments :

  1. Loving your blog ... I'm another Steiner/Montessori mama ... homeschooling definately seems like a very very sensible approach rather than forcing ones child to a particular pedagogy. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment Gypsy - I'm going to check out your blog now! I love discovering other Steiner/Montessori mama's :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I have just dropped over here.I love the idea of the Steiner and Montessori style but unfortunately there are none of those kinds of schools where I live, and homeschooling is not an option for us. I am just trying to incorporate that as an add on from home. I hope I am making sense, its early in the morning and I dont think my brain is properly awake yet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Samantha, I only started homeschooling recently, but have incorporated Waldorf and Montessori ideas in my home for many years. It is very doable. My one little tidbit of advice is to not try and replicate everything at home that you would find in a school. Just incorporate ideas from each that naturally fit into your lifestyle (for us, that was Practical Life and Sensorial from Montessori, and gentle rhythms, natural things, art, and baking from Steiner.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is interesting. I imagine that your talk about homeschooling (although foreign to them at first) is probably the spark that got them on the road when they realized the public school wasn't working for them...you never know how you might influence someone after they've had a chance to digest new perspectives.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...