Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Rubber Band Ball

Oooo ,just spotted this Rubber Band Ball activity on the Montessori Services website (sigh - I they have such fabulous stuff!) & it would so easy to make at home.

All that you need is a small 'starter' ball & a bag of rubber bands. I'm sure we have everything needed around the house already. Just start wrapping the bands around the ball (keeping them tight) until the ball is completely covered & the size you want & then ... bounce/throw/roll to your hearts content :)

This is, as the MS website says: A great activity to develop fine motor skills and eye-hand coordination.


Fb Comments
1 Comments
Disqus
Comments :

1 comment :

  1. You can use a jack (as in the game, jacks) as your center instead of a bouncy ball. I just tried out this activity tonight (with a jack) and will be interested to see when my kids can do this- I think it seems pretty difficult.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...