Sunday, November 16, 2008

Hug's Birthday Space Adventure!

Yeh! Our very own Astronaut recently celebrated his 5th birthday. His nannio is *the best* and makes him at least 1 or 2 fabulous costumes each year. This was one of his special birthday presents from her. Lovely also got a helmet and belt but wouldn't wear them ;)

Our Space Adventure map!

It all started at the 'rocket' in the park next door. Each child got their own personalised astronaut i.d. & boarded the rocket. Then T showed them the mission map, got them to 'strap in' and they did the count down. 5,4,3,2,1 Blast off!

Their astronaut i.d.'s were printed out with their own photo & name (this is Lovely but I've blurred out his name :) and slipped into a lanyard with a clear pocket.

Onto the Milky Way (the path between the park and our house) where each child collected a silver-wrapped milk drink.


You couldn't see them in the photo above so this is them waiting to go out to the Milky Way.

Into the house & the Solar System. This isn't the best photo but it was all a bit exciting at the time! The craft project Solar System that Hug & I had been working on was here as were all of the helium balloons & tied to the balloons were glow-in-the-dark SPACE glasses for each child.

Next stop - Deeeeeeeeep Space. We took all of the furniture out of the boys bedroom (leaving 1 mattress for bouncing!) and blackened the windows & put up some glow stars. 2001 Space Odyssey was playing softly & I let 3 or 4 children in at a time. They had to space walk (over the mattress) to find a bucket of Space Food Sticks. Yum!

Finally, it was outside to the yard where there was an obstacle course (over the climbing frame, 5 big jumps on the trampoline, crawl over the 'moonsand' & through the window of our International Space Station) where the final booty was found... a huge bag of crafty items ready for some d.i.y rocket creation!

The kids loved it!

Lovely just snipped & snipped. Completely in his element :)

Some of the masterpieces!

Too cool ;)


And it was time to eat.

A play in the sandpit for the little ones. The ISS didn't stand up too well to so much attention!

Frozen fruit rockets were a yummy treat.

And finally it was cake time.
These are organic Kamut flour mooncakes :)

Happy birthday sweetness!!! We love, love, love you.

{Sorry this post is sooooooooo very long. When I'm excited I find it near impossible to cull my pix & this is what happens ;) Please forgive me!}


Fb Comments
15 Comments
Disqus
Comments :

15 comments :

  1. Awesome! What a great party! We may have to do an astronaut party again next year so that I can use some of your fantastic ideas. :~)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing party, you have a great imagination! The pics are adorable, thxs for sharing your fun day

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to Lovely! :) What an incredible party - I'm sure all the kids had the time of their lives! btw - I loved looking at every single picture!

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply awesome. What fun. And I LOVE your blog! I'm so glad I found you.
    : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic party. I love kids' theme parties and you did an amazing job! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so very much for the LONG post. I love all the details!
    Sara in Salt Lake City
    IbbySkibby.com
    (linked via Crafty Crow!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's great! I love seeing other people make the same sort of silly fuss that we do over birthday parties. We did a pirate-superhero-mermaid theme for my oldest's 4th birthday and now we're gearing up for a robot-ballerina-teaparty for my younger one's 3rd. I love the space station! Now I know that your blog is here, I will come and read it often.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a super fun bday party! Thanks for sharing the ideas and the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like lots of fun was had by all. Lovely pictures, and great ideas which I could use for my boys. Thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm happy you didn't cull one bit. You have very lucky children. What a beautiful affair. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww, thanks for all of the lovely comments! :) I do love to organise parties. I gotta post about Lovely's 3rd birthday - he asked for a chocolate-themed party! Too funny ;) I love 3 year olds.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I <3 kid's birthday parties! Thank you for such great ideas and pictures. I included you in my Sunday Shout Outs for this week over at my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is SO cool! I'm saving it in the hard drive of my brain!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello, i referred your post on my blog. you can see them on: http://paneamoreecreativita.blogspot.com/2009/06/festa-di-compleannospaziale.html
    I hope you like it.
    Hello, linda

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Linda :)
    Thanks for letting me know.
    Do you have a translation button on your blog?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...