Monday, August 3, 2009

Getting to the heart of the problem

This afternoon, I discovered that the boys had taken Lovely's mattress off his bed & started to remove the slats! Oh nooooo. Instead of getting cross (which I certainly at times might have done! ;) I explained what the slats were for & that it wasn't alright to damage the bed. Then I asked them what they could do to fix the problem. Hug said he could fix it with a hammer - which he promptly did! I was very impressed. With him & me ;)


btw, The MWEI workshop was great - gave me a lot of food for thought... notes to come.


Fb Comments
3 Comments
Disqus
Comments :

3 comments :

  1. Wow! What a star mumma you are! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great. It sounds like you're certainly doing something right. It's one thing to tell them what to do, but when they can decide how to fix it themselves it's even better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finally getting a chance to read through some more of your blogs! :) You're doing MWEI? I attended all the workshops for the 6-9 Diploma (some 3-6 for language and mathematics). You asked if I'm in NSW before? I'm in Newcastle. oxo Namaste

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...