Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Books I actually *have* read!



When posting about the books that I want to read I forgot to mention the wonderful book that I actually am reading! It's called Mitten Strings for God: Reflections for Mothers in a Hurry & despite the title it isn't overtly religious. In fact, I happened upon my copy at a yard sale & didn't realise until I started reading it that it is a Waldorf Steiner influenced book. Anyway, it's beautiful, really honest & personal, & I've been moved to tears on more than one occasion. I've earmarked so many pages so that I can return to the wisdom of Katrina Kenison's words when I need them.


While on the topic of Waldorf-inspired books I will also mention a book that I read last year that I've been thinking about a lot after Meg from Sew Liberated posted about it recently in a post entitled Waldorf & Montessori. It's called Heaven on Earth: A Handbook for Parents of Young Children. I had borrowed it from a friend & incorporated many of its gentle ideas into our daily lives. It's one of those books that although I've already read it I've often thought that I want to buy a copy to have on my own shelf!


The last book I'll mention is called Beyond the Rainbow Bridge: Nurturing our children from birth to seven. It's a Waldorf book that I bought last year in preparation for Hug starting school. Again it's full of gentle inspiration.


Fb Comments
2 Comments
Disqus
Comments :

2 comments :

  1. I also just picked up Mitten Strings at the thrift store. I too was surprised that it was more of a gentle, Steiner influenced book about mothering than about God, but I really enjoyed the book. I have Beyond the Rainbow Bridge and You Are Your Child's First Teacher.

    Andie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heaven on Earth is waiting for me at the library to pick up tomorrow, can't wait! (Maybe I should plonk the toddler in front of the TV to read it - LOL!!!) I love Beyond the Rainbow Bridge, but one of my favorites is Kindergarten Education by Betty Peck. Its not specifically stated as a Steiner book but its very very very Steiner, and Betty Peck is Steiner trained.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...