Friday, March 22, 2013

Thinking about traveling light.

Hellooooooo! Well we lost our web for three weeks due to bad weather but now I'm baaaack. I hope you missed me. At least a little ;)

In the meanwhile I've had my head in the clouds - travel planning. We even outsourced the kids (read: sleepovers with the grandparents and play-dates with friends) last weekend, borrowed pretty much every book in the library and moved some mountains.

There is a lot to think about when you are taking your entire family around the world for 6 months!


Can you possibly guess where we are going?! Lol. 

I've also been thinking a lot about what we will need to take (and the whole houseful of things that we won't). It's really important to me that we pack light, but that we also have everything covered. I'll write more about my travel "kit" ideas soon.


When I think about conscious packing my mind keeps wandering back to Bea at Zero Waste Home. Now, here is a lady who knows how to keep things minimal without discarding her need for style. And this week I have been most-inspired by her post on wearing a mens shirt 50 ways. She went to France for 2 months and basically only took the shirt and a pair of leggings. Amaaaaaaazing!!

I don't know if I'm going to be able to do that quite YET but I am motivated to get creative and really push the boundaries of how multipurpose our clothes can be.

Here's me trialing one of her looks :) What do you think? x


Fb Comments
1 Comments
Disqus
Comments :

1 comment :

  1. How exciting it is to look at your pile of books! And think about European trip packing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...