Friday, April 17, 2009

Parents Workshop with Tim Seldin


I have just had the wonderful experience of attending a Montessori Parents Workshop with Tim Seldin! It was a 4-hour-long open discussion with only about a dozen parents & I found it full of insights.

Tim has an amazingly rich Montessori heritage... he attended a Montessori school from 2 until he was 18 that had been founded by his mother, I believe, before eventually taking over the school himself as headmaster. Today, he's the head of the International Montessori Foundation & author of a number of books like 'How to Raise an Amazing Child the Montessori Way' (btw, apparently his publisher insisted on that title & he really doesn't like!) and 'The Montessori Way' (co-authored) which I just bought a copy of. I had seen it online, not knowing much about it, but when I actually saw it I realised what a treasure-trove of information it is. It's unlike any other Montessori book I've come across. 




Fb Comments
4 Comments
Disqus
Comments :

4 comments :

  1. sounds fab. Thanks for the tip on the book. Will check it out. (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. how lucky you are. I would love to have just been able to pick his brain for 30mins or so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amber
    Meg here from the Parent's Workshop. Please send me your email address, so we can get in touch with each other.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...