Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Easy Gluten-Free Jam Drops Biscuit Recipe


My niece and I got our bake on yesterday afternoon :)

Buster drove us crazy trying to eat the dough from the mixing bowl, and the dawg worked his best sad-puppy-dog looks. 

Gluten-free Jam Drops. In.The.House.

They may be gluten-free, but they don't necessarily fit the 'healthy eating' category. Sugar and butter and jam - Oh My! But personally, I think every kid needs a sweet treat occasionally - even the GF kids { especially the GF kids mine would say! Hahaha }.

So, I know you want the recipe to see if they're as yummy as they look and you're in luck OF COURSE - it's at the bottom of this post. Drool on...




Gluten-Free Jamdrops | RECIPE

Ingredients:

150g butter { I might try using Coconut Oil next time, but I didn't with these }
A dash of organic vanilla essence
1/3 cup caster sugar { again, this could be substituted for a healthier version }
1 1/2 cups gluten-free flour { I used White Wings }
Fruit Jam { I like using 100% fruit jams - pure fruit. no added sugar }

Method:

1. Cream butter, vanilla and sugar { I used a food processor but you can obvs do this by hand }.
2. Add the flour and process for about a minute until smooth.
3. Use a tablespoon to portion out each biscuit, rolling each into a ball by hand.
4. Space each biscuit about 5cm apart on a lined baking tray.
4. Flatten with a spoon, adding a little dip in the centre for the jam.
5. Spoon about 1/2 teaspoon of jam into each one!
6. Cook at 170 degrees Celsius for 12-15 min or until just golden
7. Cool on tray for 15 min { important tip; they'll crumble if you move them too soon! }


Voila! Rustic GF Jamdrop-love.
Quick, go make some :)

Tell me what you've been baking / making / creating this week! 
Amber. XO



Fb Comments
1 Comments
Disqus
Comments :

1 comment :

  1. Wow - what a great recipe!! I've made Jam Drops quite a few times but never gluten -free! I'm very much looking forward to trying this recipe out. Thank you so much for linking up with our Fabulous Foodie Fridays party! xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...