Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Tuscan Afternoons { When You're Not in Tuscany }


When I woke this morning, it was weirdly hazy.

And it's funny because it was also warmer than usual, and as I stepped outside, I felt like I was somewhere else...

The warmth and the subdued light.

Then, this afternoon as I drove north along the Pacific Highway towards the Gold Coast I realised that it was smoke; there was obviously a rather large fire just to the south of Tweed Heads and as the sun started to set everything was turning to honey.

And I was in Tuscany. 

Beautiful, beautiful Tuscany! Ahhhhh, to travel when you are not travelling. Dreamy bliss!!

I pulled the car over to breathe it in and capture its glory. A few minutes later as I crossed the Tweed River the golden ball of sun slipped deeper into the smoke and turned into a perfect crimson sphere. There was nowhere to stop so that moment just stains my memory with its beauty right now... but I at least have this one to share with you.

When was the last time you were transported to another time and place? Tell me, tell me.
Amber. XO



0 Comments
Disqus
Fb Comments
Comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...