Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Beautiful books




I have had wonderful luck recently finding beautiful old books at thrift stores. This is my most prized one! I bought it for one dollar yesterday & it is amazing. It is copyright 1936 and 19937 and it's in immaculate condition. 


We started with the first story, at bedtime last night, of Olga from Norway and these are two prints from that story. So gorgeous! There are about 6 or 7 stories all up from children all around the world.


Olga plays her birch-bark horn while her friends dance around her.


And a few weeks ago I found an original copy of this book "Hailstones and Halibut Bones - Adventures in colour" from 1961. It's really cool. L and I have been reading the verses about each different colour and I'm sure I'll be able to incorporate into some type of activity.



0 Comments
Disqus
Fb Comments
Comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...