Thursday, July 2, 2009

Making it


I spent far too long over the past week looking at Montessori materials online & trying to work through my list on that never-finished post before finally deciding that the cost of postage to Australia is just prohibitive :(

You *can* buy materials in Australia from a few suppliers but it's much more expensive than some of the bigger companies in the states can offer.

Having had success making a few things recently I've decided that for the time being I'm not going to order ... but work out how to make or have things made for me locally.

The first big test of this idea was asking a local timber company to make an (unpainted) Pink Tower and Broad Stair - & they've just called to say that I can collect them this afternoon! I'm so excited but a little nervous too in case they're not exactly right... wish me luck! I'm sure to show them really soon...


Fb Comments
1 Comments
Disqus
Comments :

1 comment :

  1. I think it's great that you're making most of equipment. I totally regret buying the cheap quality (though super expensive!) pink tower and brown stairs that I bought. They were chipped in a day and they look terrible now! I wish I had them made or ordered them unpainted like you can in some companies!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...