Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Hug's birthday gifts

I never got around to posting about Hug's actual birthday gifts - just his Space party. Because the party was a rather big event I kept the gifts sweet but simple. Even the wrapping...

Newspaper & re-used ribbon and some special blue and gold paper. Frugal and I think it looked beautiful. When he woke up I told him that he had to look for his presents so he searched every room high and low before making it to the kitchen where they were simply sitting on the table!

Hug excitedly bringing the gifts back to our bed for the official opening.

Lovely got a present to. A favourite book

These Lyra water-colour paints are so beautiful. Really well priced & the colours are so vivid. I couldn't recommend them more.

This brilliant fold-out fire-engines book. 

And le piece de resistance... A wooden builders kit. I can't find a google link to it or anything quite like it at the moment but is a timber case with lots of real wooden tools in it. I think it's meant to be for ages 8+ but it will only for supervised use at the moment.

Hug showing Lovely what everything is... sweet.

My little biggest is 5! wow.


Followed by a yummy pancake breakfast. Love it :)


Fb Comments
2 Comments
Disqus
Comments :

2 comments :

  1. What a great 5th birthday - and some fabulous presents. Great choices...and that pankcake looks YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful birthday! I had the same tool box when I was little. I bought one for my son's 5th birthday, too! It is recommended for older children, but with supervision... I think five is the perfect age to give them some responsibility and let them know how BIG they are! Thanks for your comment on my blog. I'd love to see your drawstring bags. I started to make some, too... but they were taking so long that I simplified. I'm hoping yours are easier and I can learn a thing or two! Please check in if you post them, but absolutely no pressure! We all have enough on our plates this time of year. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...