Friday, June 1, 2012

Mama Maintenance Mornings

We celebrated our 22nd (dating) anniversary last night :)

We saw a film ("The Way", directed by Emilio Estevez, I really enjoyed it) and ate out together sans les enfants. Our boys spent the night with their grandparents and this morning T slipped off nice and early to collect them... for dad-school! 

So, I love my kids, right. I purposefully choose to spend almost everyday with them. But, don't imagine for a minute that I no-likey Mama Time!

I ate breakfast in.front.of.morning.tv. (not a regular part of life here!) in the robe that my own sweet mama gave me yesterday and then jumped in the shower and washed my hair (cheap-thrills-for mama's ;) before realising that this morning was my opportunity to do some Mama Maintenance !! 

So my shower turned to bath while I scoured the cupboard for razor, brown sugar scrub, face mask and hairtreatment. Ooo! 


I am a girly-girl. I like pretty. 

It's funny that I ended up with a family of boys because I reckon I would have been awesome at accessorising party dresses, lavishing polka dots, seizing sparkles and, yes, painting ickle toenails. But I don't have any takers here... So I did my own. Fairy-floss pink.


T doesn't *cough* know our new plan yet. Lol. 
But I think dad-school / Mama Maintenance Morning needs to be a regular thing around here. He would love to (and has self-designated sport & writing as his core subjects) but he is pretty focused on work - as is necessary in a 1-income family. Hmmm... but, maybe, once a month? 





Which makes me wonder - how do you find time for yourself? And what is your favourite type of Mama Maintenance

A. x



Fb Comments
5 Comments
Disqus
Comments :

5 comments :

  1. 22 years, Amber???
    When did you start dating?? At 10 years?:)
    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good for you! i'm having some 'alone time at home' now, dh is with dd at the library, shops etc. This is my me time:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favourite thing to do alone is trawling second-hand book shops. Love it. I also love reading snuggled in my dressing gown, but every time I try to do this someone knocks at the door. Grrrrr

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm... Bookstores! Libraries! Newsagencies! My simple pleasures too :) Oh, not to forget The Book Depository website. Hee Hee.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...